Community Grantmaking Priorities
Middle School Children & Youth
Carolyn Foundation wants to fund programs that encourage low-income middle school students in Minneapolis to attend high performing/potential schools and provide support programs during and after school that help ensure that those schools are relevant to this student population. The Foundation believes that:
- All parents love their children and want them to get an education that will prepare them for success.
- All kids are capable of learning and doing well in school regardless of socio-economic status.
- Schools matter – attending a school that is providing students most in-need a good education is critical for long-term success.
- Support programs, no matter how good, don’t make up for damage done by attending a low performing school. In schools that are doing well, support programs create relevance and added value.
- Middle school (G 6-7-8) is a critical developmental stage setting the foundation for success in high school that is often under-resourced
Please read the Guidelines for School Based Programs and Community Based Programs.