The Foundation only funds organizations which are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which are not classified as Private Foundations.
The Foundation generally does not make grants to:
- Individuals, political organizations or candidates, veterans’ organizations, fraternal societies or orders, nor does it support courtesy advertising, or respond to telephone solicitations.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Organizations in support of operations carried on in foreign countries.
- Federated fund drives, for the purpose of redistribution to those groups to which they make grants. The Foundation may on occasion, make grants to umbrella organizations for specific needs they may have as it relates to our funding priorities.
- Annual fund drives.
- Cover deficits already incurred.
- Organizations for one-time events such as conferences, seminars, fund-raiser events, dinners, or other such requests for contributions.