Dear Environmental Grant Seeker,
Thank you for your interest in the Carolyn Foundation.
Carolyn Foundation will have a responsive grant round in the spring of 2022. We will open the application on our website on December 15, 2021.
Carolyn Foundation’s highest environmental priority is addressing climate change as the most important issue affecting our world.
In the Foundation’s upcoming environmental grant cycle, with an application deadline of February 15, we want to support climate and/or environmental efforts led by those most likely to be impacted by climate change. The Carolyn Foundation wants to emphasize support for organizations and efforts led by Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) and rural community members. We understand that these organizations may be multifaceted with climate and/or environment as one part of their priorities. We hope through our grants we can learn and build relationships to be better allies in the future.
To support their voices leading at the intersection of climate, justice and clean energy progress, we will prioritize the following organizations:
- Climate and environment objectives are part of their priorities
- Led by BIPOC and/or rural community members
- Working to address climate and/or environment issues in 2022
- Annual budgets of less than ~ $1 million
Carolyn Foundation Grant Pool:
- Approximately $160,000
- Geography: Minnesota and the Indigenous Nations sharing the same geography
- One-year general operating support grants
- Approximate Grant Size: $15,000 – $25,000
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
- Virtual Site Visits: TBD, anticipated 45-minutes each between February and April
- Decisions & Payment: May – June
Please feel free to call me with any questions: 612-596-3279
With warm regard,
Becky Erdahl, Executive Director