New Haven, CT
Dear New Haven Grant Seeker,
Thank you for your interest in Carolyn Foundation.
Based on feedback from the community, Carolyn Foundation is focusing narrowly on youth development programming for youth ages 13-18 in New Haven, CT. We are taking a two-pronged approach to:
- Support a core group of youth development partners who have distinguished themselves for serving our target population; and
- Support BIPOC-led organizations that have unique program offerings and relationship with BIPOC youth.
In this way we strive to provide both breadth and depth to our youth development focus.
Our Core Partners are:
- Common Ground – New Haven Ecology Project
- Elm City Internationals
- Music Haven
- Pequenas Ligas Hispanas de New Haven
- Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
- Solar Youth
- Squash Haven
- St. Martin de Porres Academy
- The Elm Shakespeare Company
- The New Haven Urban Resources Initiative
Our 2021 BIPOC Youth Development Grantees are:
- ARTE, Inc.
- Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
- Connecticut Students for a Dream
- Dwight Hall at Yale
- Eir Urban Youth Boxing
- Phenomenal I Am, Inc.
- Students for Educational Justice
Our grant round is now open for 2022 BIPOC-led youth development grants. 2021 BIPOC Youth Development grantees are eligible to re-apply this round for funding in 2022. However, because this program is new and we are still meeting and learning about BIPOC Youth Development organizations in New Haven, we may give preference to funding new organizations.
July 21, 2021