Community Granting Priorities
2022 Youth Development BIPOC Grant Round | Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
Carolyn Foundation has been making grants to organizations serving youth in New Haven for the past fifty years. We are reaching out to youth development organizations, with a preference for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) led organizations, to apply for a 2022 BIPOC Youth Development Grant Round.
Carolyn Foundation welcomes applications from youth development organizations, with a preference for organizations led by and serving a large percentage (>70%) of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community members, with annual budgets of ~ $1 million or less in the City of New Haven, CT.
We want to fund programs that work on the youth engagement continuum from youth development through youth organizing. Youth are ages 13 to 21 years old.
As we review grant applications, we will consider the following factors:
- Organization goals and objectives
- How the organization achieves its goals & how is it going?
- Youth empowerment: do young people have a voice, choice, and leadership in the organization and programs?
- Time and intensity: how often and for how much time are young people engaged with your organization?
- Duration and relationship: how long do young people remain engaged? Weeks, months, years?
Grant seekers can apply for one-year grants between $5,000 and $20,000. This is a competitive grant process.
The grant application deadline is August 31, 2022. Grants will be paid in January 2023.
Follow this link to apply.